What’s web design?
Web design encapsulates many different skills and areas of discipline in the production of and maintenance of websites. Various areas involved in web design are: web graphic design, user interface design, authoring; including standardized code, proprietary software and search engine optimization (SEO). Each different aspect of web development is usually worked on, by teams consisting of web designers. Sometimes the whole process is covered by designers.
Start of Web and Web Design:
It was is 1989, while working at CERN Tim Berners-Lee proposed a generalized hypertext – project for the whole world, which later came to be known as the world wide web (WWW). The World Wide Web, as we know, was born between 1991 and 1993. Simple line-mode browsers were used to view text-only web pages. With the advent of WWW, a governing body was required which would help realize the full potential of the Internet. W3C was created in October 1994 which laid common protocols for promoting its evolution and also ensuring its interoperability.
Baltimore, Maryland founded in 1729 is the second largest seaport on mid-Atlantic US. Recent times have seen a huge emergence of web designers in Baltimore. These companies have clients throughout the globe and provide excellent services in the fields of web development, seo, social marketing etc.
What to look for in a Web Company:
The factors you need to consider while choosing a web company
- Cost of the project – you should be quoted flat rates for the design, marketing and implementation of your web site. A flat-rate allows you to know the exact amount of money you are going to spend for the whole thing. Also avoid companies that charge you with hourly rates because chances are that the company does not know its business well enough or is contracting work elsewhere.
- Technology involved – Make sure your company has sound knowledge of all the latest tools required, such as –CSS, SQL, Java, animation and many more.
- Marketing – attractiveness and accessibility of a web site alone will not help your business, the web company must provide an enticing marketing strategy that includes:
- Top search engine placement
- Establishing links with web sites of similar interests
- Social media strategy and its implementation
- Registering your website with the top search engines in the business.
Each of these requirements is met by a top baltimore web agency.
Here are some of the top web agencies in baltimore:
- Ignition 72
- Foxtrot Media
- Web Moxie
- Dramatic Visions
- Canton Group
- Mission Media
- Adventure Web Productions