You flaunt your carpet when its new and stain free. Then why stop when it becomes old? Afraid that it makes your home look dirty or makes you snneze and sniffle. Don’t feel hopless. You can make your old carpet look just as brand new as in the market. Just follow the right carpet cleaning methods and products that will help you clean the air without spreading the toxic gases of the chemicals. First thing you should do while taking care of your carpet is maintenance. Keep the dirt outside, vaccum daily and clean up the stains quickly. There are many techniques used to clean carpets but you should know which one would suit your carpet the best. For DIYers, you can go for hot water extraction or steam cleaning(heated water is sprayed on the carpet, sometimes with chemicals added to it while at the same time vacuuming the sprayed water and any dissolved dirt). You can go in for dry cleaning or hire carpet cleaning companies to perform the task for you. If you don’t wanna spend too much on getting your carpet look fresh, you can use several household methods. Here’s how you can give your old carpet a fresh look.
Getting Started at Home…
Household carpet cleaning practices are much older than industry cleaning practices. You can go in for vacuum cleaners. It uses air pumps to create partial vacuums to suck up all the dirt from the floors and carpets. The fliter system collects the dirt for future disposal. There are numerous vacuum cleaner manufacturers dominating the market like Eureka, Aerus LLC, etc. One can also use the technique of stain removal which includes the use of tea leaves or cut grass to collect dust from the carpets. Some also use carpet beating machines to dust out the particle embedded in the carpet, but this practice is not recommended as it harms the fine material of the carpets.
Here are a few tips on carpet cleaning at home…
- Since much of the dirt particles enter our house through our feet, we should use mats inside and outside our doors. Do not forget to vacuum those mats almost daily.
- You can also use shoe cabinets or racks placed outside your door for preventing people coming in with their shoes on thereby bringing in the dirt.
- To avoid permanent staining on your carpet, clean the dry spills on the spot. It is advisable not to rub wet spills with cloth but absorb it.
- Regular vacuuming prevents the dirt on the surface from embedding deep into the fibers.
- To make your floor smell fresh, sprinkle baking soda and clean it instead of using harmful chemicals.
Frequent vacuuming and occasional cleaning of your carpets increases your carpet’s life, makes it look fresh and new. It benefits your health, wallet and the earth. Always go for carpet cleaners whose first motive is to clean your carpets without any mistake and to provide you the same comfort level you might have experienced when the carpets were all new.